Friday, November 9, 2012

Blathering Vlog (that's really a post)

Well, I'm about a day late and a dollar short on this one but that's the way I roll these days. Some of The Blathering ladies posted vlogs so we could all hear each other's voices before we meet this weekend and some ladies answered questions in a post format instead. I'm of the latter category because taking a video of myself sounds complicated and unflattering. And since I'm late posting this anyway, I've probably already met everyone - ha! - so this really serves no purpose at all. At least my sister will enjoy reading it, so here goes:


Why did you start blogging?
A co-worker friend shared her pregnancy blog with me some three years ago and I discovered the fabulous world of reading intimate details about other people's lives on the Internet. I was hooked and thought I'd write my own blog to chronicle my life and share every tiny detail about myself. You should know I like to have my opinions heard.

2. What’s your favorite TV show?
It used to be How I Met Your Mother, back in the pre-kid days when we had cable and I had the energy to watch television in the evening. These days, we're pretty hooked on Gossip Girl through Netflix when we get around to watching something.

3. What’s your favorite adult beverage?
I love a glass of red wine. Or beer when I'm feeling casual. Not a big fan of cocktails because I get drunk too fast, although I prefer using the word cocktail in reference to drinking because it sounds way fancier than "wanna meet for beers later?" (Like I have the opportunity to meet anyone for beers these days).

4. Who are you leaving at home?
My adorable little Tory Bean and my husband, Andi. They'll be fine together, right? RIGHT?

5. What are your holiday plans?
My advent calendar list of activities indicates I'll be doing lots of baking and crafting.

6. Where were you born?
Nebraska - the good life.

7. Best vacation you’ve ever taken?
Ooh, toughy. My husband and I have been on some pretty dynamite vacations. Panama is right up there, along with our trip to Paris. I should say our honeymoon in Thailand by default, but half of it was spent in a hotel room while my husband nearly died from food poisoning.

8. Are you better in large or small groups?
I'm best in groups where I know all the people, so good thing I've been stalking all the attendees on Twitter for months and studied their bios on the plane. (ha ha, just kidding). (Not really).

9. Three things attendees might not know about you:
It's hard to think of three things people don't know about me that I haven't already shared on the Internet.

1) My husband and I communicate through my blog and iPhone calendar updates. It's 2012, there's nothing wrong with that, right?

2) I have a hard time coordinating clothing accessories, so I probably won't be a wearing any bling this weekend. Sorry 'bout that.

3) I tend to be a little on the naive side of things, so if someone invites me to a party and it's actually a prostitute looking for a good time, feel free to step in and interject. I need the help.

10. What book are you going to read on the plane?
The Fault in Our Stars is on my Kindle right now, but I keep falling asleep at night when I read it. Or better yet, maybe I'll just close my eyes and take a little snooze in peace.

1 comment:

  1. I DID ENJOY THAT. HAHA
    BY THE WAY, I DIDNT KNOW YOU WENT TO PANAMA! DUFF IS GOING TO PANAMA FOR THE MILITARY THIS SPRING/SUMMER..YOU CAN GIVE HIM SUGGESTIONS FOR HIS TRIP.

    ReplyDelete