Sunday, November 4, 2012

Daddy Daycare

It was a daddy/daughter day for Andi and Tory as I worked another football game on Saturday. While I performed the ever-important job of directing drunk fans to available cash registers in the beer garden, here's how they spent their day:

7:00am
Wake-up time! Tory seems pleased with Daddy's greeting. She is such a little bear-cub in the morning. When I was little, my grandpa bought be a t-shirt that said "I don't do mornings" and unfortunately, our little Tory Bean is the same way.


Now breakfast is something she can get behind! Tory eats a pretty big meal in the mornings. Today, she's having strawberries and waffles. Andi sends me a picture text message to my phone and I'm sad I'm missing a quiet, relaxing morning at home with them.


Clean-up time. Andi said Tory "helped" him by putting my boots in the dishwasher while he tried to load up the dishes. He cleaned Tory's hands and face up too, and then changed her very poopy diaper.


Really going for the Mr. Mom award, they decide to make banana bread. Andi let Tory dump the sugar and flour into the mixer and carry an egg across the kitchen. It doesn't end well. She cracked the egg into her hands, which resulted in another clean-up session.



Nap-time for Tory. She seems to be melting down by this point in the picture-sequence.


Andi put Tory to sleep in her nursery and then finished baking the banana bread and packing up the car for our cabin trip later in the afternoon.


Tory Bean's awake and they get ready to leave for a play date with Andi's friend Josh and his little boy Charlie (10 months). Out of hands - one of the many struggles of solo-parenting.


Playtime with Charlie! Andi says Tory is a maniac checking out all the new toys to play with. Andi brought lunch for the crew and fed Tory at Josh's house.


Next, Tory and Andi head to Grandma Marion's house for cousin Connor's 1st birthday party. Here's a shot of all three babies born in the last year in Andi's family -- Tory (14 months), Connor (12 months), Jaxson (9 months)


I met Andi and Tory over at the birthday party after the football game, and we drove to the cabin for the remainder of the weekend. Looks like Tory and Daddy had a very fun day together.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE her little grumpy face in that first picture! Jake has an adorable grump face as well and while it's irritating at times, most of the time I just can't help but laugh at how cute he is when he's crabby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so fun to have a picture play-by-play of a day my husband is with the kids. He tells me what they did, but I don't really get (or ask for) so much detail!

    ReplyDelete