Saturday, November 17, 2012

Mommy/Daughter Day

Despite teething and lack of sleep dominating our lives, Tory and I had a fun day. Andi was working, so we spent a full day of quality mommy/daughter time together.

Our morning started early around the 4 o'clock hour so thankfully a few episodes of Curious George and a snuggle session in my bed pulled us through until 5:15am. The problem with beginning the day so flipping early is that Tory was melting down and ready for her morning nap by 6:30am. I tried to explain to her how it's the "weekend" and that means we sleeeeep in, but she just looked at me like I was crazy. I made a bold, risky move and put her down to sleep at 6:50am. She slept until 8:15am which made for a long stretch of morning, so I tried to kept us busy with activities.

First, I decided to make some freezer meals. The pressure of my new job as housewife, preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday for our family, is weighing on me in a strange way so I'm attempting to get ahead of the curve. I kept my little sous chef busy by letting her sort the red potatoes and an apple into various pans. She really likes to help in the kitchen and I get a kick out of her stirring "ingredients" together. As she's cooking I ask her, "ma'am, may I have a bite of your soup?" She always shakes her head no. It's adorable.


Then Tory took a bite out of a raw potato and she was done with that game.

While we were in the kitchen, I pumped Christmas tunes throughout the house. I think Tory approved. She shimmied her tiny shoulders just as fast as they'd go. I realize it's a bit early in the holiday season to be playing Christmas music, but I'm so excited for the festivities this year. Plus, playing Neil Diamond Holiday Station on Pandora non-stop for two months isn't exactly Andi's favorite thing in the world, so I best do it when he's not home. Oh, I also took the opportunity to light a smelly-good cinnamon candle. (You're welcome, honey).

After I cleaned up our giant kitchen mess, Tory and I decided to take Chloe for a walk around the neighborhood. The weather was beautiful outside today and it's probably one of the last days we'll be able to visit the park. My big girl walked all the way there by herself. Strollers are for babies! 


After lunch and an afternoon nap for Tory, we drove over to Raising Snowpea's house for a play date. Tory had a fun time playing with all of Allie and Jake's awesome toys. It was like a Christmastime practice session to see which toys she loved the most!

It's so wonderful to think I get to spend every single day with this amazing girl of mine. As trying as toddler tantrums or early wake-ups can be, being mama to this girl is so rewarding. Love her to the moon and back.

1 comment:

  1. So glad we were able to pass our time without husbands together yesterday. Allie and Jake had fun playing with Tory and the afternoon flew by!

    ReplyDelete