Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I glanced back at Thanksgiving 2011 photos today and I could hardly believe how much our little family of three has grown in a year. I have so much to be thankful for this year; our health, a fantastic extended family who loves us unconditionally, being hitched forever to the man of my dreams and a gorgeous baby girl who has brought so much joy to our lives. These blessings are not lost on me and I praise the Lord for all He's provided. I am truly so thankful.

A few weeks ago, Andi told me his company was hired to shoot aerial video and photography for a 5K race in downtown Minneapolis on Thanksgiving morning. At first, I was a little bummed to hear he'd have to work on Thanksgiving until I mentioned the race to Andi's sister, Lindsay, and we decided to participate. We thought it'd be a great way to get some exercise on Thanksgiving before stuffing our faces full of turkey and gravy. When Andi's mom learned Lindsay and I were walking in the race (because I definitely do not run, oh no siree), she also decided to sign up. I called my friend Raising Snowpeas to see if she wanted to also tag along and she agreed. The weather was unseasonably warm for Thanksgiving morning; perfect to walk a few miles outdoors in the city.

My favorite race buddy
Our entire group
Andi in the helicopter before the race
Andi was harnassed inside the helicopter with the doors wide open as he hung out the side, shooting photos of the event. I'm thankful my husband is lucky enough to have a job perfectly suited for his adventurous spirit.
One of Andi's photos of the race from the sky
After the race ended, Tory and I met Andi at home so we could all ride over to his Grandma's house together for Thanksgiving dinner. While he wrapped up a few work things, I pleaded with Tory to take a nap at home. She only slept for about an hour in the stroller during the race and unfortunately, showed no signs of slowing down. I can't add "sleep" to my Thankful 2012 list, as I definitely haven't achieved enough of it this year. I pushed on to get us all ready for Thanksgiving with Andi's family at his grandma's house.

Our Thanksgiving meal was delicious. I love how everyone in Andi's family brings a dish so it's not too much of a burden on one single person. My mashed potatoes were a hit, as were Lindsay's yams, Grandpa Jim's carrots from his garden, Grandma Marion's stuffing, Aunt Barb's turkey and Aunt Judy's pumpkin bars.

Grandma Janie and Tory
Tory's favorite Thanksgiving foods were mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie. More fun than actually eating dinner, she had the best time playing in the booster seat high chair on the floor with a paper plate and plastic spoon for the remainder of the afternoon.



Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. You're so pretty and her thanksgiving outfit is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun walking in the race. Count us in for next year if you decide to do it. I definitely felt better about myself eating all that food after walking in the morning. And, Tory's outfit is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smile is gorgeous Heather! And Tory looks like a doll baby!!! (like Mom like daughter) How do you not call her babydoll every.single.day?!?!

    ReplyDelete