Thursday, October 1, 2009

13 Things

I'm a sucker for those "Get to Know Me" email forwards. I saw this one on another blog and thought I'd give it a whirl:

13 Things You Might Like to Know About Me

ONE. I'm not as snotty as I seem. Eh, sounds a little strange to hear myself say that as I read over my typing ... but it's true. I've had a few people say this to me after we've become friends or started dating. I guess it's because I never try to fake it out when I meet someone new. I mean, I am who I am and you like it or you don't. I could try to change it, but then I'd be changing who I am ... and I'm just not willing to do that. No offense meant to you - I'm just not the "OMG! It's so good to meet you!" type of girl.

TWO. I love chips and Diet Coke. Almost more than life itself. If I don't have either on a daily basis I may easily lose all my marbles. What kind of chips you ask? Doesn't matter. I don't discriminate.

THREE. I'm a sucker for babies. My heart practically melts everytime I see one. Last night, I hung out with my friend Julie and her 2 year-old son Joel. For most, spending a Saturday night with a toddler may give you a strong desire for birth control. Me? The opposite. I loved it. So cute. I can't wait to have one of my own.

FOUR. I woudn't call myself an airhead, but just let's say there's some interesting things that pop into this brain of mine. It may be a combo pack of gullibility and speaking before thinking. That's why I named this blog "Live Inside My Bubble." Both Andi and my Mom often comment on what it'd be like to live inside this head of mine. To them I say: Come on in, the water's warm.

FIVE. I'm obsessed with celebrity gossip (and with this comes reality TV, entertainment shows and celeb websites). I love the way you can immediately escape into someone else's life and find it intestesting to see how other people think, act and react to everyday life situations. Sometimes, my obsession becomes a little too obsessed. I have dreams about celebs - like we're shopping together or going on couples date nights. Hey, don't judge. See #4.

SIX. Which leads me to my obsession with blogs and Facebook. Very much like TMZ or People.com but re: people I actually know. It's the best way to stay in touch (without staying in too-much touch) and so interesting to see how everyday people in this little world of ours are living it. Andi went to his class reunion last night and couldn't believe how everyone there knew EVERYTHING about our life. Andi:"Just got married" - Classmate: "Yea I knew that, saw your pics on Facebook." A: "Went to Thailand recently" - C: "Yep, knew that too. Your photos were amazing." A: "Started my own business recently" - C: "Yea, congrats saw that post on Facebook." Crazy how close (and yet so distant) technology has brought us all.

SEVEN. I like boys better than girls. I always have. In most cases, they're easier to talk to and usually more fun. There's never as much catty drama. I like sports and drinking beer. I dislike fakeness (see #1) and girly stuff like leopard print and frilly flower arrangements. Although, I have to say as I grow older my friend circle has really begun to change. I think getting married, settling down and starting a family really brings women together.

EIGHT. I still have my childhood blankie. Hey! Don't laugh, it's comforting and soft and we've been through a lot together over the years. I'm lucky to have a husband who doesn't mind sharing a bed with it.

NINE. I was born on Friday the 13th. Creepy, I know. Creepier yet? It was 85 degrees on that glorious February day in Nebraska. Followed by a blizzard the following week. That may explain the crazy way I'm wired (see #4).

TEN. Speaking of, I'm kind of obsessed with Nebraska. I mean, I don't want to live there anymore; I love Minnesota and my life here, but there's something about that state that is bred into me. What do they say, "you can take the girl out of Nebraska, but you can't take Nebraska out of the girl?"

ELEVEN. My internal temperature is broken. I'm ALWAYS cold. No matter what. Which is why I transplanted myself in Minnesota?? (quite possibly the coldest place on Earth). In the summertime I use my heated seats. How do I survive the winters? Layers and lots of them. Just last night Andi said, "Man, six more months before I see your skin again." Good luck ... it's in here under layers of t-shirts, hoody sweatshirts, down vests and slippers.

TWELVE. Never loved to travel until I met my hubby and now it's my absolute FAVORITE thing to do. All I can think about on the way home from a trip is where our next adventure will be. I never, ever knew this part about me existed until I met Andi ... and now, I crave it. Next trip: Nebraska in October (which doesn't really count) and a New Year's trip to TBD location (preferably with a beach)

THIRTEEN. I'm a wee bit anal when it comes to my stuff. I like the dishwasher loaded a certain way, the laundry organized how I like it and bath towels folded with the pretty fold out (no ends showing). I hate when there's food left in the sink and water left by the faucet after someone's washed dishes or their hands. My mom says this will get old about Year 15 of having to do everything myself because no one does it better. And it might. But as of now, Andi and I have a rule. Let me do it how I like it. By the way - he likes that rule just fine.

There. That's it. My biggest, deepest quirks. Still love me?

No comments:

Post a Comment