Friday, October 16, 2009

A Simple Thank You

As I'm writing thank you's post-wedding reception, I'm wondering to myself: Is the thank you note becoming extinct? I can count on both hands the number of gifts I've given in the last year to which I have yet to receive a thank you note. And this blows my mind.

I was raised to write thank you's immediately following every birthday, holiday and special event. And, over the years, it's become a natural way for me to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation for a thoughtful gift someone's given me. I love when a thank you note arrives in my mailbox as it tells me how special the gift I researched, planned and presented to someone was received. Is this practice becoming a lost art?

If so, I refuse to jump on the bandwagon. Tonight, I'm sending out thank you's to all those who attending our wedding reception last weekend. Andi and I decided to send them via PremiumPostcards.com -- a fabulous service provided by the United States Postal Service. Check it out! For the price of a stamp, you can upload an image, insert your message and send a postcard to anyone in the world.

To those who attended the reception, check your mailbox for a nice note from us coming your way!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that a Thank You means so much!! I was also taught you ALWAYS send/email a thank you within a month of getting a gift : )

    Thanks for the website tip - I am going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete