Going to a Nebraska game was on my bucket list this fall. It's so important to me to go back to my roots and share in one of the greatest experiences of my state - Nebraska football at Memorial Stadium. Unless you've been there, it's hard to comprehend how cool it is.
Going back this weekend makes me think of the first time Andi came to a Husker game with me. It was October 2007 and we'd been dating for just over a year. He wasn't sure what to expect (he's not the biggest mass sports fan) and while I tried to explain it to him, he just couldn't grasp the concept. I remember buying him a Nebraksa football t-shirt and hoodie sweatshirt to wear and about falling off my chair when he asked me why he had to wear it. "Because you'll be the ONLY ONE not wearing Husker clothes!!!" I said. Once we started to walk toward the stadium and he saw the floods of people all dressed in red rushing to the stadium, he got it. It's hard to describe the feeling that comes over you when you're there. It's a pure rush of excitement and pride for your home team!
Here's a few snapshots from that game in Oct 2007
Fun things to look forward to this weekend:
- Eating a Runza at the game
- Sitting in the "Red Seats" premium section (first time this weekend! whoot!)
- Tailgating outside the stadium and at the Embassy Suites party
- Meeting up with my cousin Tyler at his tailgate
- Stopping by my cousin Jen's house in Lincoln
- Spending time with Ashley & Neal and Val & Brionn
- QT with Andi on the drive to & from Nebraska
Updates to come next week about our fun weekend trip!