Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vaca's - God bless 'em

Pending my vacation request at work goes through, Andi and I are heading to Maui in March. WAHOO! How awesome is this trip my wonderful husband cooked up:

March 15-23 (8 1/2 blessed days away in sunny, warm Hawaii)
Flights paid for by frequent flyer miles (which, in large part is thanks to our trip to Thailand in August and all the miles we racked up flying across the world.  We also banked quite a few miles by switching from a Northwest credit card to Delta's AmEx card).

Four of our seven nights paid for by our Shell timeshare. Sure, we essentially paid for that when we paid off our timeshare, but there's no money coming out of my pocket today and that's all that really matters, right?  We could have had all nights paid for if we staying in Kona on the Big Island, but Andi and I have already been to Kona together so we wanted to go somewhere new. 

[Side story: Not long after each of us had started working at Red Bull almost 10 years ago now (gasp!), Red Bull hosted their national meeting in Kona for all employees - 7 days - all expense paid. How awesome is that?! And, they even flew in Snoop Dogg for a private concert for all of us. I remember dancing to Snoop with Andi which is a funny memory to think about. Did I know at that moment he would be my husband someday? Absolutely not.]

One awesome thing about our timeshare is that it's a suite with a full kitchen, living room, bathroom, bedroom, and laundry so we can hit the grocery store and load up on pop, snacks and food so we don't have to eat out every meal. It's great for adventuring during the day - we usually pack a picnic lunch and hit the road!

So, basically the only things we'll have to pay for on the trip will be rental car, food and fun. I'm super excited to get away for a few days and explore Maui. Have any of you been there? They say it's one of the most romantic places on Earth. I can't wait to experience it!

1 comment:

  1. Heather, We are getting married in Maui March 16!! That is so crazy that you are going to be there at the same time!! BTW I love reading your blog..you have some very creative thoughts! Jen Brown

    ReplyDelete